Fashion is one of the largest and rapidly growing industries with an ever – increasing turn over. Today’s much fashion conscious society demands variety and quality clothing. With Indian Fashion Industry going global, the opportunities have increased multifold.
Full time Fashion courses at GSPS, therefore designed, help to shape one thoroughly to pursue a wide variety of careers in the fashion field. Part time courses are also thoroughly designed to provide flexibility in terms of timing and modules. The courses here aim to develop the technical as well as designing skills in students through a variety of subjects. The subjects include Sketching, Draping, Pattern Making, Garment Design, Production, Fashion Drawing & Presentation, Fashion Textiles and Computer Aided Design (CAD). Besides, high quality of teaching, the school’s extensive liaison with industries coupled with commitment of the staff towards teaching and even learning; grooms students quite well for the future.
At the end of the course, students are able to:
- Sketch Croquis free hand, render and use pencil as an effective tool
- Understand designing as a process
- Take a garments from start to finish i.e. from design stage, through different processes till the end outcome gets ready
- Cut a pattern from a design and drape the garment
- Involve new techniques of surface enhancement and ornamentation e.g. embroidery, printing, painting, texturing, etc.
- Understand costing and marketability of their product
- Develop problem- solving skills and an ability to communicate effectively